Funt & Company
The Marine Building
1000-355 Burrard St.
Funt & Company Litigation Counsel was established to serve clients conducting litigation involving the powers, duties, and obligations of the government (“public law litigation”).
Much of the firm’s practice involves assisting other lawyers with the conduct of demanding or unusual matters.
Between them, Marianna and Christopher have experience acting or advising in the following matters:
· Land claims based upon historic treaties;
· Process rights secured to certain Indian criminal defendants under historic treaties;
· challenges to modern comprehensive agreements;
· Intentional or negligent injury arising from the action of government and its officers;
· Intentional torts, including assault, misfeasance in public office;
· Civil forfeiture;
· White collar and corporate liability;
· Prior judicial authorization;
· Drug offences;
· Violent crime;
· Applications for permanent residence status;
· Relief from removal or deportation orders;
· Rate regulation matters before administrative tribunals, including the BCUC and the NEB;
· Energy project regulatory hearings;
· Export licencing of electricity and natural gas;
· Internal tax assessment appeals process;
· Appeals before the Tax Court of Canada;
· Requirements and demands for information;